Virat Kohli is an Indian international cricketer who currently captains the India national team. He is a right-handed top-order batsman and is regarded as one of the best batsmen in the world. Virat Kohli also plays for Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League (IPL) and has been the team’s captain since 2013.
Kohli was born and raised in Delhi and represented the city’s cricket team at various age-group levels before making his first-class debut in 2006. Then he captained India Under-19 team to victory at the 2008 Under-19 World Cup in Malaysia, and a few months later, made his ODI debut for India against Sri Lanka at an early age of 19. Initially, Virat Kohli played as a reserve batsman in the Indian team but he soon established himself as a regular batsman in the ODI middle-order and was part of the squad that won the 2011 World Cup.
Virat made his Test debut in 2011 and shrugged off the tag of “ODI specialist” by 2013 by hitting centuries in Australia and South Africa. He became No. 1 ODI batsman in ICC rankings for the first time in 2013. Kohli also succeeded in T20 format, winning the Man of the Tournament twice at the ICC World Twenty20 (in 2014 and 2016).
Kohli also became the top-ranked T20I batsman in the ICC rankings in 2014, holding the position for three successive years until 2017. Since October 2017, he has been the top-ranked ODI batsman in the world and is also currently the leading batsman in the Test rankings.
Virat Kohli Biography
Full Name: Virat Kohli
Popular for: Being one of the best batsmen in the world
Virat Kohli Height: 1.75m (5 ft 8 in)
Weight: 152 Pounds (69 kg)
Shoe Size (Approx): 9 (US)
Body Stats (Approx):
Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
Biceps – 15 in or 38 cm
Waist – 31 in or 79 cm
Hair Color: Black
- T20 – August 18, 2008
- ODI – June 12, 2010
- Test – June 20, 2011
Virat Kohli Awards
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (ICC Cricketer of the Year): 2017
- ICC ODI Player of the Year: 2012, 2017
- ICC ODI Team of the Year: 2012, 2014, 2016 (captain), 2017 (captain)
- ICC Test Team of the Year: 2017 (captain)
- Polly Umrigar Award for International Cricketer of the Year: 2011–12, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18
- Padma Shri: 2017
- Arjuna Award: 2013
- Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World: 2016, 2017
- CEAT International Cricketer of the Year: 2011–12, 2013–14
- Barmy Army – International Player of Year: 2017, 2018
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna: 2018
Date of Birth: 5th November 1988
Virat Kohli Age (2018): 29
Birthplace: Delhi, India
- Vishal Bharti Public School, Delhi
- Saviour Convent, Delhi
Virat Kohli House Address:
DLF City, Phase -1, Block-C, Gurugram, Haryana, India
Virat Kohli Family
- Wife – Anushka Sharma
- Father – Prem Kohli
- Mother – Saroj Kohli
- Siblings – Vikas Kohli (Elder Brother), Bhawna (Elder Sister)
Hobbies: Spending time with family, traveling, working out
Color: Blue, orange
Book: Open: An Autobiography by Andre Agassi
Music: Punjabi music
Movies: Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, 3 Idiots, The Illusionist
Subjects: History, English
Place: Paris, Barcelona
Jersey Number: 18
Virat Kohli Cars Collection
- Audi R8 LMX
- Audi A8 L W12
- Audi R8 V10 Plus
- Audi Q7
- Audi S6
- Audi S5
- Land Range Rover Vogue
- Toyota Fortuner
- Renault Duster
Net Worth: $60 Million
Virat Kohli Records
- He is the only player who has got more than 300 runs in more than six bilateral series at international level; no other player in the world has managed to achieve that.
- Virat Kohli is the only player who has got four back to back double centuries in four consecutive test series.
- In 2017 he broke AB De Villiers records of 9000 runs in 215 innings, by scoring the same amount of runs in just 194 innings.
- He is the only batsman in the world of Cricket who has got the average over 50 in all the three formats of the game.
- He is the fastest player to score 1000 runs in the T20 format of the game; in just 27 matches he has done it, 5 less than the English batsman Kevin Pieterson.
- He is the only test skipper to score three hundred in his first three Test innings, he has achieved this great feat playing against Australia.
- He has broken the Sachin Tendulkar’s record to score most number of hundreds while chasing for team India, while Sachin has 17 centuries while Chasing for team India, he has 18 centuries.
- In the span of 499 days, Virat scored his first and sixth double century for team India and this is the shortest time for this feat, earlier Sir Don Bradman has this record to his name in 581 days.
Virat Kohli Interesting Facts
- He was ICC’s ODI Player of the Year in 2012.
- After the India-Australia ODI series of 7 matches, Virat became world’s 1st ranked batsman for the first time in 2013.
- While playing for Delhi team, Virat made 90 runs in Ranji Trophy match against Karnataka on the day when his father died.
- He led the Indian under 19 cricket team in the U/19 Cricket World Cup as captain in 2008 held in Malaysia and won that tournament as well.
- He is a member of the IPL team Royal Challengers Bangalore since 2008. He was made the captain of this IPL team in 2013 and has remained hitherto.
- Besides cricket, he likes video games, soccer and is a car lover too.
- Virat Kohli favorite tattoo on his body is of a Samurai Warrior.
- He wants to have his eyes insured as they are his most precious assets.
Virat Kohli Twitter, Facebook, Instagram