Jennifer Joanna Aniston (aka Jennifer Aniston) is an American actress, film producer, and businesswoman. She began working as an actress at an early age in 1987 with the film Mac and Me but her role was uncredited. Her career started growing in the 1990s with the hit television series Friends. Jennifer Aniston not only has remained a well-known public figure since then but also established herself as one of the leading and highest-paid actresses in Hollywood as of 2019.
Now, let’s talk about the rose-to-fame role which made Jennifer a star. She rose to fame portraying Rachel Green on the television sitcom Friends (1994–2004), for which she earned many nominations and awards such as Primetime Emmy, Golden Globe, and Screen Actors Guild awards. Not only her character was widely popular while the series aired but also was later recognized as one of the greatest female characters in American television. Apart from Friends, some of her box office successes include Bruce Almighty (2003), The Break-Up (2006), Marley & Me (2008), Just Go with It (2011), Horrible Bosses (2011), and We’re the Millers (2013), each of which grossed over $200 million in worldwide box office receipts. Jennifer Aniston’s most critically acclaimed roles include the dramedy The Good Girl (2002) and the drama Cake (2014).
In 2008, Aniston started her innings in film production with her friend Kristin Hahn, an American film producer, writer, and director, by co-founding their production company Echo Films.
Jennifer Aniston Biography
Full Name: Jennifer Joanna Aniston
Nicknames: Jennifer, Jen, Jenny
Profession: Actress, film producer, businesswoman
Popular for: Portraying “Rachel Green” in the American sitcom, Friends
Jennifer Aniston Height: 1.64m (5 ft 4 in)
Jennifer Aniston Weight: 112 Pounds (51 kg)
Shoe Size: 7.5 (US), 38 (EU), 5 (UK)
Figure Measurements (Approx): 89-61-91 cm (35-24-36 in)
Hair Color: Blonde
- Television – Molloy (1990)
- Movie – Leprechaun (1993)
Awards: Won – 17
Nominations – 55
Date of Birth: 11th February 1969
Jennifer Aniston Age (2019): 50
Birthplace: Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, California, United States
Jennifer Aniston Autograph:
Ethnicity: American, Greek, Italian, English, Irish, Scottish
- Waldorf School, New York
- Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts, New York
Religion: Not known (some say Greek Orthodox)
Address: 901 Airole Way, Bel Air, Los Angeles California 90077
Jennifer Aniston Affairs & Rumors
- Charlie Schlatter (1990) – Jennifer dated Charlie an American actor, for a short time in 1990. Schlatter was her co-star from the TV series Ferris Bueller.
- Daniel MacDonald (1990) – (Rumor) American actor.
- Jon Stewart (1994) – (Rumor) American comedian, writer, producer, director, activist, political commentator, actor, and television host.
- Adam Duritz (1995) – (Rumor) American musician.
- Tate Donovan (1995) – Jennifer Aniston dated another American actor, Tate in 1995. They got engaged in 1996 but ended their engagement in 1998.
- Brad Pitt (1998) – Aniston began dating American actor, Brad Pitt in 1998 after meeting on a blind date. They got married on July 29, 2000, in Malibu, which was mostly a private ceremony. After what it seemed like a successful relationship, they announced their separation on January 6, 2005. March 25, 2005. Thier divorce was finalized on October 2, 2005.
- Vince Vaughn (2005) – Jennifer and Vince, an American film actor, producer, comedian started dating in 2005 and ended their relationship just after a year in 2006.
- Matthew Perry (2006) – (Rumor) American actor.
- Paul Sculfor (2007) – Jennifer and Paul, an English model had a fling in 2007.
- John Mayer (2009) – Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer, an American musician dated for a year from 2008 to 2009.
- Gerard Butler (2009) – (Rumor) Scottish actor.
- Adrien Brody (2011) – (Rumor) American actor and producer.
- Justin Theroux (2017) – Jennifer started dating actor Justin Theroux in 2011 and got engaged on August 10, 2012. They moved into their LA home, which they purchased for $22 million. On August 5, 2015, the couple tied the knot and after 2 years of their marriage, the couple decided to split in 2017.
Jennifer Aniston Family
- Father – John Aniston (Actor)
- Mother – Nancy Dow (Actress)
- Siblings – John T. Melick (Older Maternal Half-Brother), Alex Aniston (Younger Paternal Half-Brother)
- Others – Sherry Rooney Aniston (Stepmother), Anthony Anastassakis (Grandfather), Gordon McLean Dow (Grandfather), Stella Anastassakis (Grandmother), Louise Grieco (Grandmother), Telly Savalas (Godfather)
Hobbies: Pottery, yoga, sculpting, boxing
Drink: A little bit Cointreau added to margarita
Movies: Fame (1980), Terms of Endearment (1983)
TV Series: Seinfeld (1989-1998)
Favorite Harry Potter Book: Wuthering Heights (1847), The Brain that Changes Itself by Norman Doidge (2007)
Favorite Smell – Jennifer Aniston Perfume, Acrylic Nails
Destination: One & Only Palmilla, Los Cabos, Mexico
- Bentley Continental GT
- Range Rover
- Toyota Prius
- Porsche Panamera
Jennifer Aniston Net Worth
Jennifer Aniston Interesting Facts
- Jennifer’s birth name is Jennifer Joanna Anastassakis. She later shortened it for people to remember it.
- Even her parents were actors, encouraging her interest in theater in high school. Her dad, John Aniston, is best known for his role in the daytime drama Days of Our Lives as Victor Kiriakis. Nancy Dow is her mother.
- She has royal blood in her. From her mother’s side, Jennifer is a direct descendant of the royal House of Stuart of Scotland.
- Jennifer Aniston Height is 5 feet and 4 inches.
- When Jennifer was 11, one of her paintings was placed in the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- She had worked as a waitress and telemarketer before making it as an actor.
- Jennifer Aniston originally auditioned for the role of Monica Geller on the show “Friends,” but she talked the producers into agreeing that she was better suited to play Rachel Green. She got the role after she was told by the producers to lose 30 pounds.
- Chris McMillan, who managed Jennifer’s hair for more than a decade, admitted he was stoned when he cut Jennifer Aniston into the iconic “Rachel” haircut.
- She won a Golden Globe and an Emmy during her tenure on FRIENDS.
- Jennifer Aniston shares her birthday with Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park, Burt Reynolds, Sheryl Crow, and Kelly Rowland.