Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon (aka Reese Witherspoon) is an American actress, producer, and entrepreneur. Witherspoon has received several awards, including an Academy Award, a Primetime Emmy Award, a BAFTA Award, and a Golden Globe Award. She started her professional career through The Man in the Moon (1991), for which she was nominated for a Young Artist Award. Reese Witherspoon starred in the comedy-drama Pleasantville (1998), for which she won the Young Hollywood Award for Breakthrough Performance. Witherspoon’s rose to fame when she portrayed Tracy Flick in Election (1999) and was nominated for a Golden Globe Award.
Reese achieved global recognition with her role as Elle Woods in the 2001 film Legally Blonde, for which she received her second Golden Globe nomination as well. Her biggest live-action commercial success was the romantic comedy Sweet Home Alabama. In 2005, Reese portrayed June Carter in Walk the Line, which earned her the Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, BAFTA Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, and Critics Choice Award for Best Actress. Witherspoon produced the thriller Gone Girl in 2014 and she got critical acclaim for her role of Cheryl Strayed in Wild, and she earned her second Academy Award nomination for Best Actress and a fourth Golden Globe nomination for that as well.
Reese Witherspoon owns a production company Hello Sunshine, a clothing company Draper James. Reese Witherspoon is a social worker as well, she actively involves in children’s and women’s advocacy organizations. She received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2010.
Reese Witherspoon Biography
Full Name: Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon
Nicknames: Little Type A, Reese, Ree, Jaws
Profession: Actress, producer, entrepreneur
Popular for: For her roles as, Tracy Flick in Election (1999), Elle Woods in Legally Blonde (2001), June Carter in Walk The Line (2005)
Reese Witherspoon Height: 1.56m (5 ft 1 in)
Weight: 110 Pounds (50 kg)
Shoe Size: 6.5 (US)
Figure Measurements (Approx): 89-66-89 cm (35-26-35 in)
Hair Color: Blonde
- Movie – The Man in the Moon (1991)
- TV Show – Return to Lonesome Dove (1993)
Awards: Won – 32
Nominations – 82
Date of Birth: 22nd March 1976
Reese Witherspoon Age (2018): 42
Birthplace: New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
- Harding Academy, Nashville
- The Harpeth Hall School, Nashville
- Stanford University, California
Address: Reese Witherspoon
2000 Avenue Of The Stars
Century City, CA 90067
Reese Witherspoon Affairs & Rumors
- Jeremy Sisto (1992) – Reese Witherspoon dated actor Jeremy Sisto for a brief period of time in 1992.
- Chris O’Donnell (1993) – Reese started dating Chris O’Donnell, also an actor in February 1993.
- Stephen Dorff (1994) – Reese Witherspoon and Stephen Dorff had a fling in 1994.
- Mark Wahlberg (1995) – (Rumor) American actor, producer, businessman, a former model, rapper, and songwriter.
- Ryan Phillippe (1997) – Ryan Phillippe and Reese Witherspoon started dating after they met at her birthday party in 1997. They got engaged in December 1998 and got married on June 5, 1999, at Old Wide Awake Plantation near Charleston, South Carolina. Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillipe had a daughter, Ava Elizabeth Phillippe in 1999 and then, a second child, a boy, Deacon Reese Phillippe in 2003. After 7 years of marriage, the couple decided to separate in 2006. A divorce was filed by Reese Witherspoon in November 2006 and the divorce was finalized in October 2007.
- Jake Gyllenhaal (2007) – Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal started dating in 2007 and parted ways in 2009.
- Jim Toth (Reese Witherspoon Husband) (2010) – In February 2010, Reese started dating Jim, a co-head of motion picture talent at the Creative Artists Agency. They announced their engagement in December 2010 and they got married on March 26, 2011, at Ojai, California at Libbey Ranch. Reese gave birth to a son, Tennessee James Toth in 2012.
Reese Witherspoon Family
- Reese Witherspoon Husband – Jim Toth
- Father – John Draper Witherspoon, Sr. (Lieutenant colonel in the United States Army Reserve)
- Mother – Mary Elizabeth “Betty” (Professor of nursing at Vanderbilt University)
- Sibling – John Jr. (Older Brother) (Real Estate Agent)
Hobbies: Yoga, Collecting Antique Linens, Snowboarding, Cooking, Crafts, Reading, Hiking
Food: Fried chicken, corn salad, potatoes au gratin, shrimp and grits, kale pizza
Icecream: Firecracker popsicle
TV Show: Amish Mafia
Movies: Terms of Endearment (1983), Overboard (1987), Belly (1998), The Internship (2013), Only God Forgives (2013)
Book: The End of the Affair (By Graham Greene)
Place: The Bahamas
Net Worth: $120 Million
Reese Witherspoon Interesting Facts
- She uses her mother’s maiden name as her first name.
- Reese did some modeling from 1983 to 1987.
- Her father practiced as an otolaryngologist.
- She spent 4 years in Germany during her childhood and then came back to Nashville, Tennessee.
- Reese Witherspoon said, she would like to switch her lives with Owen Wilson if allowed.
- She is Avon’s first-ever global brand ambassador.
- She would have picked her stage name as “Lil Reese” if she were a hip-hop artist.
- Reese Witherspoon was good in academics.
- She loves to spend a lot of time in a bookstore or library.
- She owns a production company with Debra Siegel, “Type A Films”, a name her parents gave her in childhood.
- Reese had also served as a cheerleader during her studies.
- Witherspoon has three pet dogs named after celebrities.
- Once Reese and her husband Jim Toth were arrested for driving under influence.
- Witherspoon was the first to host Saturday Night Live, despite the terrorist attack of 9/11 in New York City.
Reese Witherspoon Twitter, Facebook, Instagram