Lady Gaga Aka Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta born on 28th of March 1986, is an American singer and songwriter. She is known for her fusion experiments with different kinds of music.
She started singing at a very young age in Open mic contests and also she did some acting in her school plays. Talking about her education, she has studied from the Tisch School Of Arts from New York University but dropped in the middle to go for the music. Her parents are Cynthia Louise and Joseph Germanotta. Her mother is a business executive, and her father is an entrepreneur. She has one younger sister named Natali. Her sister is a fashion student.
Lady Gaga rose to fame with the release of her first electropop album “The Fame” in the year 2007. She is one of the biggest singers around the world with record selling of 146 million singles and 27 million albums. Her lead single “Shallow” has earned her a Golden Globe Award and Academy Award for the best original song. Over the years, she has achieved bigger heights in the music industry and numerous unexplored facts about her.
Let’s see those facts one by one:
- 1. As we all know how cute kittens are and anybody would love them, but Lady Gaga likes otherwise. Lady Gaga loves Dogs and hates kittens.
- 2. Her Single ‘Telephone’ was written by Lady Gaga herself and Rodney Jerkins.
- 3. In the first place, the song was supposed to be called Underground, but at the last moments, she changed the name.
- 4. Lady Gaga learned piano at a very tender age of four by just listening to the music of the piano.
- 5. She has gone to the same school as Paris Hilton and Nicky Minaj from Private Manhattan High School.
- 6. She got the nickname as Gaga by her producer Rob Fusari in 2006.
- 7. Lady Gaga likes to call her followers and listeners as “Little Monsters.”
- 8. She is a kind-hearted person, and she proved it by spending $1000 on pizzas for her fans waiting for her till midnight at a Best Buy in West Hollywood while promoting her popular album “The Fame Monster” in 2009.
- 9. On several occasions, she admitted that she smokes weed while writing her music songs.
- 10. Most often she carries a purple teapot and saucer along with her when out for shootings. This she does to get a home feeling
- 11. Lady Gaga’s favorite flowers are white roses.
- 12. Lady Gaga loves to read novels and favorite one is by the author Rainer Maria, named The “Letter To A Young Poet.”
- 13. She loves cooking and is quite good at cooking Italian food.
- 14. She wrote her single ‘Born This Way’ in just 10 minutes, that’s quite amazing.
- 15. You would be surprised to know that before becoming one of the greatest pop singers she played a part on TV as well. She appeared on the reality show ‘Boiling point’ on MTV in 2005 and one other show ‘Boiling Hills’ in the year 2008.
- 16. She did some odd jobs like dancing in the bar before becoming a big star.
- 17. Lady Gaga admitted on several occasions being bisexual and her song ‘Poker Face’ is all about that only.
- 18. She has achieved stardom worldwide with her powerful music. With her powerful enigma and enchanting charisma, she is ruling the worldwide music. For this, she got awarded with the tag” World’s Powerful Musician” in the year 2010.
- 19. She can be called a controversy queen too as she went pantless at MET Gala red carpet in the year 2006.
- 20. Her natural hairs are brown, but people mistook her as Amy Winehouse because of her hair. So, she turned her hair to blonde to look differently.
- 21. The most shocking fact about her is that she got raped at the age of 19 by a music producer. She went through a lot of mental torture and required intense rehabilitation to recover from it.
- 22. She loves charity, as she donated around $500,000 to Haiti’s disaster relief fund in January 2011.
- 23. She has four entries in the Guinness Book Of World Records under her name.
- 24. She got her inspiration for the single ‘The Edge Of Glory” after the death of her grandfather, who died in the year 2010.
- 25. Her single ‘Born This Way’ got 1 million buyers on iTunes, in just five days.
- 26. Lady Gaga once wore ‘Kermit The Frog’ jacket which got made up of Kermit The Frog Dolls.
- 27. She wore a meat dress which was made up of original meat weighing around 50 lbs.
- 28. Lady Gaga is left-handed.
- 29. She has numerous nicknames such as Loopy, Mother Monster, Gagaloo, Little Mermaid, and Rabbit Teeth.
- 30. Lady Gaga likes black and lavender colors.
- 31. She loves to watch cartoons too, and her favorite character is Bugs Bunny.
- 32. Her Monster’s Ball tour left a 3 million dollars debt on him for the dresses that she wore in the concert.
Lady Gaga reportedly charges 1 million dollars for each of her concerts. She has gone through a lot of bullying and pain since her childhood as her parents come from middle-class families. But with her hard work and passion, she has reached this level of stardom.
The pop singer got nominated record 24 times for Grammy Awards and won 9 times. Lady Gaga won her first Oscar award in the 91st Academy Awards for the song” Shallow” in the year 2019. She has a lot of respect for her fellow pop singers. Lady Gaga tweeted; her next album will be called Adele, which is also the name of a popular British pop singer. A few theories are assuming that it could be on her late cousin named Adele.
In the Met Gala 2019, she changed her dress four times. Recently there was a rumor that she is dating the Hollywood star Bradley Cooper, but she put an end to it on Jimmy Kimmel’s TV show. She has her own beauty lines ‘Haus Laboratories’ which is now available for preorders. Also, she has decided to give charity to the “Classroom Projects” in the US cities which got affected due to the recent mass shootings.
She is a kind-hearted soul, and she proves now, and then with her good works. Her fans are desperately awaiting her new album, and hopefully, it will be among the top charts worldwide.